THE APPLICATION IS ON OUR WEBSITE AT:
Send Application and other documents to:
Telephone: (702) 737-4300
Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2023
(email only-do not send hard copies)*
*Transcripts and letters may be opened
and scanned so they can be emailed.
• Asian Ethnicity (indicate country)
• Graduating high school senior
• College/University acceptance letter (if
received by time of application)
• Transcript and SAT or ACT scores
• Essay—“How school and community
service has benefited me.”
• Two letters of recommendation
• Financial Statement NOT required
• Participation at Scholarship Event
Academic achievement is only one facet of a student’s accomplishments.
Leadership in school organizations and on athletic teams is another.
The Asian Chamber is interested in the character that exists deep inside each person.
One of the best ways to get a glimpse of this character is to see his or her willingness to help others.
This is why our scholarship process primarily looks at each student’s record of service to our community.
We feel that it is the best indicator of a person’s potential to become a truly productive and exemplary citizen.
Purpose of Scholarship
• To honor high school students who demonstrate a commitment to voluntary service to our Las Vegas community.
• To honor high school students who demonstrate leadership, citizenship, scholarship, service and character.
• To honor high school students with high academic achievement and a desire to pursue a college education.
The Las Vegas Asian Chamber Scholarship Foundation will award TEN Scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each
ATTENDANCE AT THE AWARDS EVENT
The students who win this scholarship are among the busiest people anywhere. They have multiple commitments involving family, school, athletics, and volunteer work.
If we did not have an attendance requirement, it is quite possible that a large percentage of the recipients would not be able to participate in the awards event.
With this in mind, we not only have a mandatory participation requirement, we ask our scholarship screening committee to name several alternates in case any of the potential awardees are not able to attend the event.
We will make every effort to schedule the event to accommodate the winners.
The event is tentatively scheduled at the ACC Luncheon at the Gold Coast Hotel & Casino on Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 11:30 a.m.