Thank you for applying to the UNLV Executive MBA program. To ensure that your application is considered for inclusion
in the next class, be sure to submit all application materials at your earliest convenience.
Please use the following checklist to help assemble your submission.
- Prepare the following documents prior to completing the online application:
- Transcripts – Request official transcripts from all previous institutions and have them sent directly to the EMBA office address found at the end of this document. If the institution sends electronic copies, have them sent to Nikkole.Liesse@unlv.edu. Note: If you graduated from UNLV, you do not need to request transcripts.
- Résumé – Detail out all work experience. Focus on decision making, supervisory and budgetary responsibilities in your current and/or previous positions.
- Statement of Intent – In two to three pages, address how an Executive MBA will assist you in meeting your professional and personal goals. Provide a description of the leadership and other unique qualities you will bring to the program.
- Complete Online Application at https://www.unlv.edu/graduatecollege/futurestudents
Click on the button that says “Apply.” Please note the following:
- You will need to set up a new user profile, but do not need a Nevada State Higher Education (NSHE) ID
- to complete the personal data.
- Indicate “Degree or Certificate Application” for Application Type.
- Indicate “Business Administration – Executive M.B.A.” for Program of Study
Once you set up your profile and apply, you’ll see a checklist on your application home page. Upload your
Résumé and Statement of Purpose here. Note: For the best user experience, use Google Chrome, Safari or
Firefox as your web browser.
- Submit Application Payment
A non-refundable application fee is required to process your application. In the online application you may either submit payment via credit card or select to pay by check. Checks should be made out to “Board of Regents” and mailed to the EMBA office.
Application Deadline and Limited Time Opportunities
|Priority Consideration||November 1, 2021||$0|
|Early Consideration||February 1, 2022||$100|
|Final Consideration||April 15, 2022||$150|
*Active Duty service members and Military Veterans and eligible for an application fee waiver.
Contact Nikkole Liesse at Nikkole.Liesse@unlv.edu for details.
- Letters of Recommendation – Use UNLV Forms
- Letter of Corporate Endorsement – Letter of endorsement from your organization demonstrating their support and commitment to your attendance in the EMBA program. Class days are typically every other Friday and Saturday.
- Personal Recommendation Letter – At least one letter from an individual who can evaluate your potential for success in a graduate degree program.
- Executive Assessment (EA)
The Executive Assessment is specifically designed to evaluate business school readiness of seasoned professionals. The assessment focuses on skills that are necessary both at work and in an EMBA program: higher order reasoning, critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving. Because it was designed specifically for experienced professionals, the EA requires modest preparation, takes only 90 minutes to complete, and includes flexible rescheduling options. The test is administered by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), creators of the GMAT® exam. Learn more about the Executive Assessment by visiting GMAC.COM/EA.
There is no minimum EA score required for admission; these scores are just one of several factors that we use to make admissions decisions. The entire application is reviewed to understand the candidate, with no single factor determining admittance.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
The Executive MBA also accepts the GMAT or GRE exam. Please call (702) 895-2628 to discuss.
- Personal Interview
This panel interview will be with the EMBA director, an EMBA faculty member and an alumnus. Please allow 60 minutes and come prepared with your questions.
Letters of recommendation, official transcripts, application fee and all other documents can be sent to:
UNLV Executive MBA Program
4505 S. Maryland Parkway, Box 456018
Las Vegas, Nevada 89154-6018