The Nevada COVID-19 Response, Relief and Recovery Task Force, a recently formed public-private partnership overseen by Gov. Steve Sisolak’s office and the Nevada Health Response Center, will oversee the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund in partnership with Nevada Community Foundation. The Fund will assist with the State’s response, relief and recovery efforts. The task force is headed by former MGM CEO Jim Murren, who was recently appointed by Gov. Sisolak to lead the state’s recovery efforts. Nevada Community Foundation is serving as fiscal agent for the fund, which will be used for the following charitable purposes:
- To make grants and payments to assist the State of Nevada and its political subdivisions in responding to COVID-19;
- To provide assistance and supplies to first responders and healthcare providers (individuals and institutions);
- To aid Nevada nonprofits in addressing and recovering from the COVID-19 emergency;
- To provide assistance to Nevada residents impacted by the COVID-19 emergency, particularly those most vulnerable because of health, economic or other circumstances; and,
- To take such actions and make such payments as Nevada Community Foundation and the Governor’s Task Force determine appropriate to respond to the COVID-19 emergency.
Online donations to the COVID-19 Emergency Fund may be made here: https://www.nevadacf.org/donate-now/.
For more information on the Nevada COVID-19 Response, Relief, and Recovery Task Force, please go to the official task force website at nvc19.org.